Monday, November 21, 2011

Can I make homemade carpet shampoo for my bissel steam cleaner? How?

I ran out and i';m cheap. ThanksCan I make homemade carpet shampoo for my bissel steam cleaner? How?
I use liquid laundry detergent. It gets sudsy, but it cleans really well. Make sure you rinse the carpet after cleaning with clear water.Can I make homemade carpet shampoo for my bissel steam cleaner? How?
I wouldn't if the steamer is new, because it will void the warranty.


If it's not new, though, you can probably follow some of the suggestions on this page.


I just prefer to buy new cleaner (It doen't have to be Bissel, even though the manual says that).
I don't know about the homemade soap, but there is probably enough soap left over from the last time that you cleaned your carpets, that you should do your carpet once with just straight water. You'd be surprised at how much dirt comes out with just water.


Also, most home steam cleaners don't have enough power to get all of that soap and water out for you. Make sure you have plenty of fans on after you clean so that you prevent the risk of mold growing in the carpet pad.
Yep cheap and clean way.....ERA laundry soap for the cleaning (takes any stain out you can think of) mixed with bout 1/4 cp. of vinegar to control remove oders, and keep carpet fibers soft. Been using this mixture for years!
Yes I ALWAYS use laundry detergant and a 1/2 of cup of bleach ( doesn't matter what color your carpet is it wont harm it) I have a huntergreen carpet and I clean it w/ Tide and bleach all the tiem it gets it really clean and leaves a great smell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment