Monday, November 21, 2011

Is it ok to use normal shampoo on dogs?

Not really - it will probably make your dog's skin itch.





Unless there is some sort of emergency, you should wait until you can get some shampoo made for dogs. If your dog rolled in something really bad, you can use regular Dawn dish detergent for now, but rinse it well.Is it ok to use normal shampoo on dogs?
A dog's skin is different than a human's; however, I have used organic castille body wash/shampoo on my pup from time to time. I bought it at a health-food store (Wegman's also carried it, and Whole Foods probably does too) and the shampoo was made to be gentle enough for use on newborn babies. I used it because my pup's skin was irritated by most doggie shampoos and I needed something gentle enough to bathe her without irritation. The castille wash worked really well on her.





If you want to periodically use regular shampoo on your dog, I would suggest using something hypoallergenic that is formulated for babies.





Hope this helps!Is it ok to use normal shampoo on dogs?
No it isn't.





Ppl have a different ph from dogs %26amp; our shampoo contains chemicals that doesn't bother our skin but they do bother most dogs' skins. Ppl have a ph from of 5.2 - 6.2 while dogs range from 6.2 - 8.62. Even a small difference makes a big difference to sensitive skin dogs. (this includes baby, dove etc) Only use pet products on pets - they are not expensive even for quality ones.
The skin and hair of a dog has a different Ph than humans, so it is best to use a dog shampoo created for their specific Ph levels. One time probably isn't going to hurt, but I wouldn't do it on a regular basis.
its not the best idea because your not sure how your dogs skin will react with the shampoo





you might want to try placing a small portion of shampoo on a patch of skin and if nothing happens than go for it


(its still better to use dog shampoo)
I don't think adult shmapoo is a good idea, it might irritate the skin, but baby shampoo works great and does not irritate the skin or eyes. Thats What i use for my dog and he fur is shiny and silky like it is supposed to be:P
I don't think it's a good idea as it may irritate the skin.


You can use a small amount of baby oil shampoo if you want to use human shampoo but doggy shampoo is better
I wash my Pit bulls fur with Garnier Frutis shampoo. It makes his fur fluffy and smelling good. But I do still wash him first with Sergent's Fleas shampoo. Then with th fancy stuff. The only advice is to make sure you rinse him really well....
Why? Are you poor you can't pay for dog shampoo or just to lazy to go to the store??...





Anyways, No it makes them itchy.
  • adult acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment