Friday, July 30, 2010

Does shampoo choice (and other hair care products) really matter that much for hair styling?

I recently told my sisters that i use white rain or sauve (whatever is cheaper at the time), and they looked at me like i was stupid. i can't see spending $10 a bottle on shampoo, but then again, i am very much a tomboy, even as an adult, and don't really care about hair. And am i supposed to be using conditioner every time i wash it, too? Will it REALLY make that much of a difference in styling my hair?Does shampoo choice (and other hair care products) really matter that much for hair styling?
I think you should Educate you self about products chemicals, I will like you to read this sides..


http://www.newstarget.com/003210.html


http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare鈥?/a> and then watch out for you ...Take care Honey...


Try to used ';Nexxus'; or any natural shampoo...Does shampoo choice (and other hair care products) really matter that much for hair styling?
yes and yes. I have tried many shampoos and conditioners over the many years of looking after my hair and found that I can only use certain ones because they make my hair more managable and shiny. I have tried differrent hairsprays and mouse and gels as well and found that some of them create flakes or dandruff looking stuff. So I personally choose what works for me. If suave works for you, GO for it.
I know personally i need to use a conditioner everytime because my hair is just so thick and can't be combed through anyother way. If you're hair is fine using those products than it's not that big of a deal at all. The people who use the really expensive stuff are those who really care about their hair or color it alot and need some health back in it.
Some shampoos (especially Suave) coat your hair with a wax-like substance that just builds up on your hair and may even weigh it down. I think the line of Dove styling products, shampoos and conditioners is worth the extra couple of dollars. If you feel like your hair has some sort of build up on it or it just looks dull....You can clean it with baking soda. I know it sounds weird but it works. You take some baking soda and make a paste with it (baking soda and water) and wash your hair with it. It will clean anything that has built up on your hair (like chlorine, hair spray, or other styling products).





I hope this helps.
I personally hate 'expensive' conditioners.


They coat your hair with silicone stuff which eventually leaves you with heaps of buildup.





The shampoos are alright, but god, I HATE those conditioners!





Buying the cheap ones are fine, I do most of the time.





Everyone now'a'days just thinks that the more expensive the product is, the better it will be.





Its all lies.








=D








EDIT : dove sucks, cause it contains so much moisturiser it just makes your hair greasy.
you definitely need the conditioner more than the shampoo. You could get away with shampooing every other day but you almost daily need to condition it. Even if it is a leave in variety that you just spray on and ';go';. I personally find that more expensive brands work better for my hair. I have extremely thick and wavy hair and I like a smooth sleek style and the best conditioners and shampoos I have found for myself have been Frederick Fekkai %26amp; Jonathan Hair product. That is just me. Everyone's hair is different. If you have dry hair get a shampoo and conditioner specifically for dry hair. Or if your hair is normal then just get a normal balance for hair. Honestly, if you want to try to step it up and buy a little better product I would start with Pantene, its a little more expensive and their products smell better, work well and are reasonably priced.





also for ';styling'; its not much of the shampoo that is the difference but the product. Product means (styling cream, mousse, pomade and items along that nature.) If you have extremely thick curly hair you would want to use a serum to straighten it and prefent the frizzies or use it to activate the curl a little better and make them more pronounced.

No comments:

Post a Comment