Friday, July 30, 2010

What shampoo showld I use to make my dog smell better?

My pekingese smells awful after the bath. Any sugestions?What shampoo showld I use to make my dog smell better?
Im probably gonna catch some crap for this but I always use Sauve Kids Shampoo Cherry scent and Sauve Kids Grape Conditioner.





Its mild, it doesnt hurt their eyes if it get in them, thus far (crosses fingers) after 8 years of using that on my pets I have never had any skin problems using it.





I have severe allergies to pets and I use Plenty of soap (Dont be stingy with the soap), I lather them up, let it sit for 10 minutes rinse and repeat twice more. Then I put on the conditioner and allow it to set for a couple of minutes and rinse. Ive found that bathing 3 times seems to be the magic number of getting rid of all the dander that smells bad. Allowing it to sit on the body for 10 minutes suffocates any bugs that might be on the animal killing them.








I bathe everyone once a week and the smell usually last about 5 days...then they go back to smelling like dog and cat again...lol.





P.S. The above poster is also correct. Diet is important to good skin and good fur and smell. Make sure you are feeding a good quality food (if it has corn in it or if its Iams it is NOT a good quality food). The first several ingredients in any good food should be MEAT and absolutely NO corn. Corn has no nutritional value in it for dogs or cats, its just a cheap filler.What shampoo showld I use to make my dog smell better?
I just use Suave lavender, but they have lots of scents.
baby shampoo it work on my jack russell just don't use dog/puppy shampoo the has a smell (.e baby powder) it can make your dog/puppy iches like crazey my puppy did :)





amy.x
I use lavendar scented doggy shampoo and that usually takes a good bit of the stink away.


If you still have stink issues wait til she's dry then use a bit of baking soda to rub into her fur. It will soak up the odor and you can brush the excess out.
Fresh n Clean leaves a nice scent that lasts up to 2 weeks. Dogs can also smell if they have a skin problem, so make sure that's not an issue.
In my opinion, when i introduced premium dog food into my 2 dogs life, their smell went away entirely. no 'wet dog smell' anyfood with corn will inhibit chronic ear infections and a smelly coat. shampoo just masks it as well as the perfumes in it may irritate delicate skin areas.try a food with no corn,soy,or wheat,and i swear,in a few weeks, your furry friend will have next to nothing in smell.:)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment