Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shampoo for those that tend to be allergic?

I have used loreal colorvive (now vive pro) for many years, but my system may be rejecting it since I get itchiness in my scalp and areas of my skin. Pantene has always dried out my hair as did Suave and Finesse. I don't like the 'fragrance' of head and shoulders and was hoping that others that had allergies to fragrances and shampoos can give their take. Thank you!Shampoo for those that tend to be allergic?
Your scalp is probably allergic to shampoo so you should browse at natural food stores like Whole foods.





Some organic shampoo brands are Giovanni (use their tea tree oil shampoo in the winter to get rid of dandruff), Burt Bees, Kiss my Face, Nature's Gate, Desert Essence, and more.





Organic shampoos work better on my hair and gives a more natural scent so it would probably be for the same as you. It just costs a bit more since they are organic.Shampoo for those that tend to be allergic?
I have problems with being allergic to shampoos. I really like Burts Bee's super shiney grapefruit and sugar beet.





http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a…
You might want to try a whole foods type store, Sprouts where I live. They have all sorts of natural shampoos that might work well. Also, I know that my dermatologist gave me a sample of shampoo (I do not have itchy scalp, but it was free) and it was called tar something. I used it on my dog who does have itchy skin and it seemed to help her. Might be pricey though.
Most products on the market contain ingredients that cause irritation and dryness such as alcohol, wax, dyes, chemicals, fragrances, acetone, mineral oil, etc. These only give a temporary feeling of softness and smell fabulous but they have little to no long term benefits. Arbonne has some great pure, safe, and beneficial products that are formulated to meet your specific need. The self adjusting daily shampoo and conditioner are formulated with natural tree oil. Native to Australia, tea tree oil is known as “The wonder from down under.” :-) This natural, super-potent oil treats dry, flaky scalp, so that both the head and hair are left nourished, and flake-free. It's botanically based, pure, and safe with key ingredients including nanospheres, nettle, hops, sage and thyme extracts, vitamins A, C, E. You're not going to get a really strong fruity smell because these products are made of natural botanicals and do not add harmful fragrance. If you're open to trying a free sample, I'll be happy to send you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment