Monday, July 26, 2010

What stores carry Malaseb antifungal shampoo?

I have a kitten with ringworm and would like to wash him and my other cat ASAP. Can Malaseb be found in stores or is it only online?What stores carry Malaseb antifungal shampoo?
It's not something that most stores carry, but if you've got a feed store or livestock supply store, check one of those. The problem with getting it online, or from a farm store, is that it's sold by the gallon! It may just be cheaper to get some from the vet. Another one that works (just not quite as well) is Chlorhexaderm. What stores carry Malaseb antifungal shampoo?
You do realize that the shampoo will have to be used daily for several weeks to treat ringworm.


There is another option that I used on my cat when I first took her home. She was a stray that came into the hospital I worked at. 5 weeks later I found out she had ringworm. I tried shampoos, oral meds, and cream. What I finally used was a spray called Conofite. It is only sold through Veterinarians. I sprayed her twice a day and it took care of it, without the nightmare (for her) of baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment